Admission Notice for Master of Science (M.S.) Course
Patuakhali Science and Technology University (PSTU) invites application for M.S. course in July-December, 2012 semester under the following departments: 1) Agronomy 2) Agricultural Extension and Rural Development 3) Biochemistry & Food Analysis 4) Biotechnology 5)Entomology 6) Genetics and Plant Breeding 7) Horticulture and 8) Soil Science.
Procedure for Application: Application for Admission (Prescribed form) should be collected from PSTU website www.pstu.ac.bd / Office of the Post Graduate Studies (PGS) and submitted to the Dean, PGS with necessary documents within 07th June, 2012.
- Prescribed form of Application for Admission
- Attested three passport size photo
- Attested copies of all certificates
- Attested copies of all transcripts/mark sheets
- Character certificate from head of the last institution
- Consent letter from proposed supervisor
- Five hundred taka Bank draft/Pay order (in favor of Vice-Chancellor, PSTU, from any branch of Rupali Bank Limited)
- Clearance certificate from respective employer (only for in-service candidates)
- Candidates for admission to M.S. study program must posses a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture from this university or an equivalent degree from other university including M.B.B.S.
- Candidates having passed a Bachelor degree in Credit-Course system must have secured a minimum GPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 or 3.5 out of 5.0 and B- grade in concerned subject.
- Candidates having passed a Bachelor degree in Annual Course system must have secured a minimum of 50% of total marks and 55% in the concerned subject.
- Those who are an employment in relevant field must have secured a minimum of 45% of total marks or second class or grade point 2.5.
- The eligibility of a candidate having degree from other university shall be assessed by an Eligibility Committee consisting of the proposed Supervisor, the concerned Chairman of the Department and the Dean, PGS.
- A candidate for admission to M.S. program for specialization in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development and Biochemistry & Food Analysis must have studied and passed the relevant paper/course(s) carrying at list 4(four) credit hours (150 marks in annual system), at the Bachelor of Science degree of this university or an equivalent degree including M.B.B.S. from other recognized institutions.
- An in-service candidate, if selected for admission must obtain necessary clearance and study leave or deputation for the stipulated period from his/her employer to be eligible for admission.
- Admission of students to M.S. study program shall be approved by the Dean, PGS on recommendation of the respective Academic Committee on the basis of their academic performance and satisfactory conduct at the Bachelor degree study.
- The number of students to be admitted in a department in any particular semester will be decided by the respective Academic Committee on the basis of availability of teaching and research facilities in the department.
- Candidates for admission into M.S. degree program in July-December, 2012 semester shall get themselves admitted in 3rd July 2012 and shall pay the necessary fees including examination fees as per University Rules.
- A candidate having degree from other University, if selected for admission must obtain migration certificate from his/her University to be eligible for admission.
- List of Selected students will be announced on or before 21st June, 2012.
- Class start: 8th July, 2012.
- At the time of admission, students must be shown their original documents.
- Incomplete and or inaccurate application should be stand cancelled.
(Professor Dr. Abul Kashem Chowdhury)
Dean, Post Graduate Studies
Admission Form Download Click Here